The Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research, ISSER and Regional Institute for Population Studies, RIPS, both of the University of Ghana have jointly organized a one-day refresher skills training for their drivers.
It was held on Friday, 1st December, 2017 at Room 11 ISSER Annex building.
The drivers of these two Institutes are not only engaged in the normal rounds on campus and outside the campus, they have added responsibility of undertaking field travels, drive top management and foreign visitors of the two institutes.
They were tutored by Mr. Kofi Baah Acheamfour, Consultant and Mr. Samuel Etsibah, Fleet Manager, Estates Department of the University of Ghana.
Topics treated were: Causes of road crashes and prevention tips, Divers’ Professional Ethics in Protocol Driving and Security Consciousness, Safe driving on different driving terrains (Vehicle driving technique) and Understanding the vehicle maintenance and tyre management.
Mr. Acheamfour gave his presentation making it very practical and citing instances of infractions which drivers should be mindful of.
He tackled issues bothering on security, safety and the need for watchfulness. The consultant dealt with practical issues of tiredness or fatique, night driving and when being trailed as well as how to behave when under threat or an attack by unknown persons or armed robbers.
Mr. Acheamfour advised drivers to remain calm in the face of an attack, obey instructions but keep a mental record of all happenings for the purposes of future identification.
Some of the drivers also responded by giving practical account of instances they had encountered and how they solved them by their ingenuity and sharpness.
The drivers wished management was also present to listen to the teaching since they believed both ends would be better served.
- Congratulations Mr. ASSAH SUMALIA MOHAMMED
- ISSER, ICED, others hold first-ever Evidence to Action conference in West Africa
- WAC-SRT Workshop at ISSER
- Workshop on methods for research in agricultural markets ends
- 2-day workshop session herald 2019 Evidence to Action Conference
- 2017 ISSER MA students study tour of Western region ends with fond memories
- 2019 ISSER Courses – second course ends
- 2019 ISSER Short Courses – second course begins
- 2019 ISSER Short Courses: Executive Leadership in Monitoring and Evaluation begins
- 3 collaborate in Systematic Review Training
- 3 West African countries meet over AGRA Baseline Studies 2016
- A Tax-benefit Microsimulation Model makes its debut in Ghana
- Book on Cocoa launched
- Consultative workshop on illicit financial flows
- DAAD Centres of African Excellence team visits ISSER
- Director’s welcome address for the 2018/2019 academic year
- Dissemination Workshop on Productive Uses of Energy for Women
- Ghana Energy Awards launched
- Ghana Social Development Outlook 2016 Report Launched
- Ghana Social Development Outlook 2018 launched
- IDRC, ESRF organize workshop for ISSER, four others in Tanzania
- IMF Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Economic Outlook: Implications for Ghana
- ISSER and WAC-SRT organize Workshop
- ISSER bares mind on 2017 Budget
- ISSER Congratulates Graduates
- ISSER critiques 2018 Budget, proffers policy recommendations
- ISSER Data Management and Analysis course ends
- ISSER delegation attends final conference of TTI in Bangkok, Thailand
- ISSER Director Assumes Office
- ISSER Director briefs fifteen organisations, leads them on a tour of MLE
- ISSER donates to Takoradi Technical University
- ISSER Donates Two Vehicles
- ISSER draws down curtain on 2016 Short Courses Training
- ISSER Gives 2 Awards at UG VC's Award Ceremony
- ISSER holds event in Morocco
- ISSER holds meeting with stakeholders
- ISSER holds orientation for fresh MA students
- ISSER holds orientation for new graduate students
- ISSER holds Research Collaborative Talks with UEW
- ISSER hosts V.A.W.G. national stakeholders dissemination event
- ISSER launches SGER 2016
- ISSER launches study on effects of 4 years of ‘Dumsor’
- ISSER M.A students on study visit to Parliament
- ISSER MA student wins African Youth SDGs Achiever
- ISSER MA students begin study tour
- ISSER now has a substantive Administrative Secretary
- ISSER Old students donate to Alma Mater
- ISSER organises orientation for PhD, M.A students
- ISSER Participates in 5th RENAPRI Stakeholders’ Conference in Zanzibar
- ISSER PhD student passes Oral Exam.
- ISSER represented at Southern Voice conference in Bangkok
- ISSER Short Courses Programme Begins
- ISSER signs MoU with MoFA
- ISSER Staff training
- ISSER to modify future short courses
- ISSER trains MoFA officials
- ISSER undertakes research into Paperless Port System and Computerization of Tax Collection in Ghana
- ISSER –Media Chart New Course
- ISSER, FES launch ‘The Ghanaian Panel on Economic Development Report’
- ISSER, ICED others hold international conference in Nairobi, Kenya
- ISSER, Kiel Centre for Globalization hold national dissemination workshop on Trade and Development in Ghana
- ISSER, MOFA and APSP agree to strengthen collaboration
- ISSER, MoFA Pledge to Strengthen Collaboration
- ISSER, RIPS drivers refresh skills
- ISSER’s Project Cycle Management Course gets Thumbs up!
- MA students at ISSER embark on study tour
- Maiden Edition of Executive Leadership Programme in Monitoring and Evaluation Short Course ends
- Middle-level Supervisors at ISSER Undergo Training
- MLE organises third regional partners workshop
- MoFA Officials in Mock Presentation
- MoFA training enters third week
- Ms. Hamdiyah Alhassan Successfully Defends Phd Thesis
- Participants applaud ISSER short course in Research Methodology and Report Writing
- PhD Student Ernest Bagson passes Oral Exam
- PhD student passes oral examination
- President Akufo-Addo nominates Prof George Owusu to join Commission of Enquiry
- Prof Augustin Fosu wins an award
- Prof Felix Asante calls for reforms in operation of Paperless policy
- Prof Robert Darko Osei appointed member of GSS board
- Prof. Augustine Fosu, Prof. Robert Osei appointed members of Fiscal Council
- Prof. Felix Ankomah Asante Delivers Inaugural Lecture
- Professor Peter Quartey Delivers Inaugural Lecture
- Roundtable on the work aspirations and prospects of the young people
- See development as a continuous process – Prof Asante
- SETUSA 2017 international research conference ends on a high note
- Southern Voice Ghana team organizes dissemination workshop
- Standard Chartered Bank delegation visits ISSER
- State of the Ghanaian Economy Report 2018
- Summary Report on violence against women and girls launched...
- The Ghanaian – German Centre for Development Studies holds workshop
- Theodora Chalks Success at Viva
- Three ISSER PhD candidates pass Oral Examination...
- Training on a Tax-Benefit Microsimulation Model for Ghana Ends
- Two ISSER PhD students sail through oral defence of theses
- WAC-SRT organizes Workshop on Poverty Analysis
- Wishing Theodora the best on Thursday
- Workshop on Green Growth Diagnostics for Africa Project held
- “We will ensure the continuity of SAMSET” ISSER Director declares